May 30, 2013

Getting Back In The Saddle


Playing and pondering on switching to a Palm free formula...

I haven't made soap in probably a good couple of months, and I haven't made soap in the log mold in probably a year (after having some issues with the condensation and the silicone liner-now I think it was too much water in my formula, I discounted even more and that helped) I've been making rounds in PVC mostly and not working with color much,but after attending the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Conference-well I just had a hankering to get out the ol' log mold and play a bit. Here's the first attempt-I'm pretty darn happy with it. I have to say I was a bit nervous. (I hate to screw up a batch and waste perfectly good eo's) The colors aren't exactly what I wanted to do-I wanted a base a bit more towards white and pale green on top,but I didn't have anymore green oxide sooooo, yellow kaolin it is. The eo blend is so lovely and refreshing for summer-Rosemary, Peppermint, Cedarwood and Lemon 5x-just so very clean and fresh. 

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Yay! I love seeing people jump back into the saddle of soapmaking and I think batch turned out great. I'm super excited to see what it looks like when it is cut. =)

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Hi Anne-Marie,well it came out okay. I wasn't really happy with the yellow part. Originally the yellow set up too fast and I had to add extra water,apparently I added to much because it sort of fell and had a weird texture,but ya' know-all in a days work at the soap mines. :-)