Alas after much trial and error-The PERFECT orange.
After one more try, I think I've finally gotten to the right color. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Orange Clove 2.0 (from yesterday) will most likely bleed the color is just so saturated, and I think I'm even happier with this color.
It's important for the customer to see the effort that goes into researching and developing a product-it's not typically about just throwing a color in and hoping for the best. A lot of trial and error goes into getting color, technique and scent just right. It's about knowing what scents will accelerate your batch,what colorants are safe and friendly, preventing bleed,formula-so many factors play into a proper soap. It's safe to say a lot of care goes into a batch to ensure that the customer has a good experience with our product.
I guess some of you may be wondering where I am going with all of this. I am in the throws of developing a good solid line. Over the years I've spent much time self sabotaging my efforts(with the help of a couple of friends too), in the past I've had a consistent nagging that kept me from following through with things for one reason for another. I've been doing some work on that persistent and nagging negative voice, and now I'm getting ready for my debut. I am getting ready to take on the world. I have always been driven to equal some of my soaping heroines, and now I'm ready to "just do it." I'm on my way. I have a plan and I'm moving forward. These crazy experiments are not just because I'm killing time here. I'm ready to get out there.