August 2, 2011

Drumroll Please......and the Winner Is

 Barley and Hops- Nut Brown

Remember this little contest to see who could recommend the most interesting "Fall blend" for the latest version of beer soap.After much debate, I have decided that perhaps the blend that I think would be most complimentary with beer for my Autumnal beer soap is Cocobong's suggestion of Patchouli,Lime and Clove Leaf. I currently have a summer soap with a blend of Lime, Clove Leaf and a touch of Patch-but the appeal of having Patch in the lead with zesty notes of lime and clove has won me over-I think this is a superb blend for the nutty, malty aroma of beer.

I want to genuinely thank all those who offered suggestions-there were several fabulous ideas-it was very hard to choose. I think I may actually end up trying a few of these ideas before all is said and done. Thank you all so much!

7 comments:

Cocobong Soaps said...

oh cool!! does this mean i get to try a bar of your lovely soap? :)))

Jennifer Young said...

I love anything patchouli, and currently as a perfume, just dab on a little patchouli with Orange EO. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that ask about my scent!! xo Jen

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ C'bong-let me see how it comes out first. I dabbed a bit of the blend on my skin(I know it's sort of a no no but I couldn't resist)and it smells heavenly(masculine,but heavenly)but it remains to be seen how it will react with the beer soap-only a few days will tell.I'm making up a batch today-so we shall see.

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ Jen-I love to use Patchouli soap and sometimes when my skin gets warm I will catch a faint whiff. Love it!

Tara said...

That sounds like a beautiful blend -- warm , spicy, citrusy. I may try Jen's suggestion and dab a little Patchouli and Orange Eo today.

Anne-Marie said...

What a great blend suggestion! Super perfect for fall =)

Cocobong Soaps said...

but..but..you said: "Help me create the "Perfect Fall Blend" and win a free bar of "our" collaborative efforts" :( Don't be shy, I won't review...and..I'd love to try any of your soaps, so it doesn't have to be this one :)