August 15, 2011

Toot,Toot,Toot....

"Sometimes you have to toot your own horn or someone will use it as a spittoon."Anonymous

I'm not generally the kind of person who is comfortable taking credit for accomplishment, but I thought I would take just a moment to toot my own horn err, I mean reflect. Today is one of those days that I am just basking a bit in how far I've come. It wasn't but a few years back that I had no idea how to integrate color let alone a swirl into my soap. I desperately wanted to use essential oils only and "blending" wasn't as easy as I thought. I was naive and thought that if I used "sweet orange" somehow the soap would smell deliciously mouth wateringly orangey - boy, did I have a lot to learn. I wondered if I would ever figure out how to make a scent I could be proud of. Historically- I have had trouble in the past sticking with something that I couldn't get perfect the first few times-it's an issue I have,however handmade soap seduced me, and the ensuing love affair still continues. While I still feel I have miles to go to be in the same league with Patti Flynn or my friend Erin of Inner Earth and the other soaping greats, I'm pleased with my progress and feel I've made great strides in the right direction.

Today, one of my soaps from a few years back was featured on "The Soap Bar" and- well it just feels good. Thanks Joanna!


Also, if you're on the fence about picking up a few Tierra Verde products yourself and need a gentle nudge - here's a few kind words from friends of Tierra Verde...
"I put the bars of soap on my bathroom shelf and the room smells like heaven!"
Lubbock,Texas-

"I am in LOVE with your soap, seriously. I always buy handmade soap and yours is most definitely some of the best I've ever used- it's so foamy and rich. I'll be back for more once my little stash runs out! haha!" Portland, Oregon-

"Thank you for the lovely soaps and balm. They smell amazing!" Lubbock,Texas-
"I have purchased soaps and balms from Michele and they are wonderful! I highly recommend purchasing her unique soaps and balms! They smell so good and I love giving them for gifts and using them for myself! The quality and packaging is wonderful and I always receive my orders prompt and in perfect condition! "Frisco, Texas- 
"Wow! I just received my order and they are fabulous! Love the little something. My husband has laid claim to the Vanilla-Patchoulli. Wouldn't you know? I will be back to order more." Ingleside,Texas
I know that if you make soap, and truly love it like I do - this kind of support means the world to you. Thanks so much!

9 comments:

Tara said...

Toot! Toot! (That was me tooting the horn for you too.) Congratulations!

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Toot,toot back at you.Your soap biz is growing by leaps and bounds-so happy for you.

Anne-Marie said...

Yay! Kudos are always great. I'm glad that your customers are loving your soap. By all means, toot away! LOL!

Amy Warden said...

Yippee!! I saw your soap on her post - it's definitely worthy of some toots! LOL!

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ Anne-Marie,Tara and Amy,Thanks so much!You guys are great.

Erin Napier said...

That soap looks amazing Michele, love it! Great feedback too :)

Jennifer Young said...

Awesome!! You deserve it. I have tried your soaps and LOVE them. Can't wait to try your shampoo bar.... xoxo Jen PS. Trouble with posting comments again.... so that's why I haven't been commenting for a while..

Starfire said...

I am scared to try CP but your post is encouraging to those of us who are facing the same problems that you started with.
Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on your success.

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Oh heavens!Don't be afraid to try cp - I had slight trepidations in the beginning about using lye,but decided to dive right in and I haven't looked back since. CP is a lovely method of soapmaking-you'll love it! ;-))