April 7, 2012

Black-Part 2

Both soaps contain charcoal-the soap in the foreground clearly didn't have enough charcoal to get it close to black-the second attempt in the background was exactly what I was going for.

So, here are the results of my attempts at Cleanse facial soap. The soap in the foreground is the first attempt. Remember, that I hadn't worked with charcoal in some time and needed to get my bearings on how much to use to get at the saturation that I was going for. Clearly I wasn't anywhere near black, however it's still a lovely color and is very useable-whereas if I had gone over with too much color-I would have had a soap that bled black all over.The soap in the background was the next attempt, and I went up a half teaspoon-this seems to be just the right amount.

I always test saturated colors by using an end piece so that I can see to what extent the lather is tinted. This lather did have a very subtle tint of gray, so subtle that I really only noticed it in the run off in the sink. I lean towards being a bit of a minimalist when it comes to color-often because I don't like to have my colors bleed or lather that is off color.

I always check saturated colors for signs of bleeding.

Cleanse-facial soap with charcoal and a light splash of lavender. 3.75 ounces $5.00

The finished product; Cleanse-facial soap with charcoal and a light splash of lavender. Charcoal draws out dirt and absorbs oil while Lavender contributes anti-microbial/anti-inflammatory properties. Cleanse will be ready the first week in May.


6 comments:

Dennise said...

Oh SO gorgeous! It is perfect. I bet you are so pleased with it. I know I would be.

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ Briny,hey there! Thank you, I am happy with it-so simple,but then again simple is kind of my style.

I am loving the idea of your hair oils-what a stroke of brilliance.Good on you

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

What a pretty natural looking soap. The black is perfect but the colour of the first one is great as well.

Michelle

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Hi Michelle, Thank you. The gray is surprisingly pretty-I do like it,but black was the goal.

Anne-Marie said...

So beautiful! You did an amazing job on them. I bet you just love them!

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Thank you Anne-Marie,I do love them.I do have a thing for the simple type soaps.;-)