September 14, 2013

Saturday Afternoon Soaping


I spent this afternoon working on a soap using a technique from "Soapmaking Made Easy. " This is actually my second try, the first one got a bit too thick on me before I could actually try to hanger swirl. This is take 2 of the hanger swirl technique from Erin's book. I feel like this one went much better-I upped my water to 25% and found it worked well for me. I think I got some movement down in there, and I'm very happy with the colors and textured top. I'm hoping for this to be an updated version of a soap from a few years back-Tree Hugger with swirls of green, brown and white and scented with Fir Needle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful texture you've got on the top there! Would love to see it cut.
Vicki

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ Vicki-Thank you! I can hardly wait myself.I hope to get it cut this evening.I hope I'm as happy with the inside as I am the top. :-)