March 4, 2012

Shades of Green- Part Deux

Faux Funnel Swirl-Spearmint 3 shades of green + white

Well, here are the results of my first Faux Funnel swirl-my gradients aren't as pronounced as I had hoped,but still I think that for my first try I'm pretty happy with how things came out. I see some clumps of td that I need to work on-I ran it through a strainer + used the stick blender in my td  mixture before separating it out into the green and still  there are a few clumps. What do you find is the best way to eliminate td clumps?

5 comments:

The Soap Sister said...

Sister, that is one FINE lookin' soap, and a really nice photo! I have never used TD, so I can't help on that, but I'm sure glad you shared the beauty. :) ~Beckster

Erin Napier said...

Michele this soap looks amazing! I really like it. When using TD, I mix it with a little water first and let it sit for 10 minutes. And when it goes into the soap, I give a couple of blasts with the stick blender.

Amy Warden said...

This soap turned out so pretty!!! I agree with Erin, the longer you let the TD soak in water if it's water soluble, or oil if it's oil soluble, the less likely you'll have the clumps.

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ Erin and Amy-Thanks guys for the tips on the td-I always seem to have a few clumps get by me.I will definitely try letting it sit in the water a bit for working with it.I hope this will be helpful information for others as well. Thanks for chiming in guys.;-))

Natalia said...

Gorgeous soap,Michele. I really like this combination of colours( green is my favourite colour).
lovely...
natalia