March 7, 2012

I Admit

Tree Hugger-an arboreal blend of eucalyptus and cedar perfect for any tree hugger. This blend smells like cedar after a rain; smoky, spicy and slightly sweet with a hint of camphor.

Okay, I admit that I was pretty darn excited (I might have done a very discreet happy dance inside) to quite innocently run across Cocobong's blog post last night. I had no reason to suspect it was a "review" post or that a sampling of my soap would be included, but there it was. I was so relieved to know that something I put so much into was received so well -because that's why we put our hearts into this mad obsession after all right? 

I have been tossing back and forth weather or not I wanted to keep Tree Hugger as part of my permanent line. I know I can do some tweaking to make it just a bit better-(now that I know the secret to get rid of the clumpy td and how much wheat grass powder to get a better green) and it has a special place in my heart with or without the wonderful Cocobong review + it sells well at market-I think I'll be keeping it around.:-))

A big shout out to Lynda and C'bong for their kind words of encouragement!

13 comments:

Tara said...

pssst. . . i did a little happy dance for you this morning when I saw the post.

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Awww,Thanks-that's a real friend. Thanks for giving me the heads up.I accidentally came across the post right before bed last night-it was 3:30 a.m. before I could fall asleep between the post and a bit of other happy news that I'll share later.Some good things are going on and they are not lost on me-I appreciate them and am very, very grateful for each and every one.xoxo

Shari L. said...

I saw the review - a 9! Congratulations! The soap is beautiful, too. Would you be willing to share the secret of how to get rid of titanium dioxide clumps? Nothing seems to work well for me. Thanks!

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Hi Shari- Thanks so much!
I sent you an e-mail,but for those of you wanting to know how to combat td clumps-here's the scoop per two of my soaping buddies(that make awesome soap btw.)
Erin of Inner Earth Soap comments. "When using TD, I mix it with a little water first and let it sit for 10 minutes. And when it goes into the soap, I give a couple of blasts with the stick blender."

Amy of Great Cakes Soapworks comments "I agree with Erin, the longer you let the TD soak in water if it's water soluble, or oil if it's oil soluble, the less likely you'll have the clumps."

Hope that is helpful and Thanks so much for stopping by..

The Soap Sister said...

I was grinnin' from ear to ear when I read 'bong's review -way to go my soap sister!

Anne-Marie said...

That's wonderful - I'm headed over to see the review next. Your soap looks lovely - and I am impressed that you took the time to answer the tech support question re Titanium Dioxide. I love the soaping community's sharing and supportive spirit. =)

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ my sistah Beckster-(())Big hugs.I was on another blog the other day-(I can't remember where)and read a comment you made about me and I got a little teary. A huge thanks for being my soaping bud.I luvs ya!

@Anne-Marie Thank you, and as always I'm glad you stopped by. Just paying it forward with the td thing.I've had lots of help from my friends along the way.The soaping community is very special.

Cocobong Soaps said...

Please keep Tree Hugger. It's a great soap, even just the sliver of it

Shari L. said...

Thanks for answering the question about titanium dioxide! The email you sent me never showed up (not in my spam folder, either) - but I'm sure a lot of other soapmakers are interested in knowing how to reduce/eliminate clumps, too. Glad I asked, and very glad you answered! Thanks for taking the time. Keep up the good work - your soaps are beautiful!

Soapchick said...

I love the look of this soap, just wish I could smell it! congrats getting your soap on a cocobong review. I agree about TD, soaking is the key, I keep mine mixed up that way it stays smooth.

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

After I got to thinking about this whole "td" thing. I remember I used to keep a bit in a small mason/jelly jar and just dip it out when I needed it. I was creamy smooth. I think I'll do that again-it worked well for what I needed.

Amy Warden said...

I saw the post too but didn't have time to comment at the time...congratulations, Michelle!! :) Great idea to keep a little TD soaking!

Polly McNamara said...

gorgeous soap and a great review.