October 15, 2011

Soap - Good for What Ails You

Today is Global Handwashing Day-washing hands saves lives...
"Handwashing with soap is the most effective and economical way to prevent diarrheal and acute respiratory infections which take the lives of millions of children every year.Turning handwashing with soap before eating and after using the toilet into an ingrained habit could save more lives than any single vaccine or medical intervention, cutting deaths from diarrhea by almost half and deaths from acute respiratory infections by one-quarter." 
Source-www.globalhandwashingday.org

5 comments:

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Great post, love the shot of your soaps. They look so pure and pretty.

Michelle

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ Michelle-Hey there,what's up? Glad you stopped by. Thanks for the kind words.

HeirloomNaturalSoap said...

I LIKE IT!! Sorta makes me feel like I'm doin' somethin' really worthwhile, how 'bout you? :)

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

@ Heirloom Soap-if you're meaning washing hands-you bet.I dig washing my hands.If I've been out somewhere particularly gross like the grocery store-I can't wait to get home to get them washed-it's such a relief!

tara said...

Beautiful and useful -- that's why I love soap so much.