October 6, 2011

"You've Got to Find What You Love..."

Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech

He was an innovator that changed the world. Listen, as he talks about how nearly dying taught him to live.

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
- Steve Jobs
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle." -Steve Jobs
 R.I.P. Steve Jobs-1955-2011

2 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

I wonder if I heard him years ago if I would've listened. Probably not. Youth is so wasted on the young. But even at 52 I still have much to learn from Mr Jobs but I wonder if it is still possible to be the first female jockey as I wanted to do at age 14?

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Great words for sure, I agree you need to love your job because you spend a lot of time doing it.

I've been a huge Apple fan for years and have always owned Macs.

Not sure what to think, the loss is sad for sure but I've read some awful things about Steve on the net and also read some neat things as well. There is no denying he created a great product.

Michelle