October 3, 2011

Some Deliciousness for Fall

A sneak peek at Cinnamon Cajeta-coming soon!

Synonymous with the scents of Fall, are all the spicy notes of cinnamon, clove, ginger and nutmeg. I wanted to incorporate a scent in conjunction with the theme of Cajeta- a caramel like sauce typically made from goat's milk, and cinnamon seemed the perfect accent. I've been dreaming of this soap for awhile, and finally things came together so that I could make a sample batch. I think it came out brilliantly-can't wait to cut it. I'm thinking things will darken up a bit, the white will hopefully go a bit towards a caramel color and the swirl a darker brown. (fingers crossed) The above photo was taken prior to gel-so I expect it will go through quite a change.
Cinnamon Cajeta -a creamy,caramelized goat's milk base with a sprinkling of brown sugar thrown in-finished off with a tantalizing hint of cinnamon. Delicious!

4 comments:

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Swooning over the scent combination. This sounds scrumptious and look forward to the cut photos. I like the swirl.

Michelle

Amy Warden said...

Yummy!! All you are missing is some anise. LOL! Can't wait to see what it looks like inside! Top swirl looks fabulous. :)

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

It really only has a bit of cinnamon for scent. I think I might even go a bit less in the next batch. I really only wanted a hint of scent-to go with the theme of Cajeta(since I couldn't figure out how to get a caramel scent with eo's I had to go with a scent I thought would be a good compliment.)If I put together all those spicy eo's it would be instant soap on a stick no doubt.

Jennifer Young said...

Ahhh cajeta... I think here we call it dulce de leche... it brings back memories. This soap looks and sounds good enought to eat!!! xo Jen