Fresh Lemon – Garden fresh lemons; Sunny and bright with a note of earthy green, a perfect way to revive and refresh your senses. Pure essential oils provide fabulously fresh scent and a happy yellow color to the soap while olive oil infused with calendula calms and soothes your skin.
Lemon (Citrus × limon) a small thorny evergreen tree with oval yellow fruit native to India. By the middle ages lemons had made their way to Europe and the Greeks and Romans were advocates of the lemon's therapeutic properties.
Lemon essential oil is obtained by cold pressing the fresh peel. Lemon essential oil is tart and tangy with a note of fresh green like the freshly grated peel.
Bright,happy, clean and fresh;the scent revitalizes and instantly lifts your spirit. Zesty lemon oil refreshes and revitalizes your body and mind and increases your ability to focus.Lemon oil is reputed as an antiseptic and as having cooling revitalizing qualities that pair perfectly with summer.
Uses for Lemon Essential Oil in the Home -
- In the bathroom. For a sparkling bathroom sink or tub, mix 10 drops of lemon oil with one cup of baking soda. Use the mixture to scrub away dirt, grime, and soap buildup. Make sure to rinse well when you've finished scrubbing.
- Disinfectant. Take an 8 oz. spray bottle, fill it with water, and add 25 drops of lemon oil. Shake well, and spray directly onto faucets, doorknobs, bed linens, or into the air as a disinfectant.
- In the laundry room. When laundering whites, add 25 drops to the rinse water. Do not apply directly to clothing. Avoid adding to colored loads.
- Vacuuming. Drop a cotton ball sprinkled with 15 drops of lemon essential oil into your vacuum bag. The scented cotton will add a crisp, fresh scent to the air as you clean, and also will deodorize your vacuum cleaner.
- For the spirit. Lemon is a naturally uplifting, clarifying oil. You can either inhale it directly from the bottle or use a diffuser. Lemon is an excellent oil to diffuse in a child's environment, and when placed in a car diffuser, lemon oil can help keep you alert and your spirits high during your daily commute.Source;Greenfeet